Q&A: Chemical Peel Benefits
When it comes to chemical peels, there are so many different options now that it’s easy to become overwhelmed by choices! Let’s discuss the various types of products and how you can maximize your chemical peel benefits by choosing the right one.
What Is A Chemical Peel? How Does It Work?
Chemical peels utilize the power of acids and enzymes to exfoliate your skin. The treatment is simple: we apply the chemical solution to your skin and leave it on for a short period of time to do its work. Then, we neutralize it with water or saline and wash it off your skin. Usually, the procedure takes around 30 minutes. In a few days, the dead layer of outer skin will begin to shed, revealing glowing skin underneath.
Top Chemical Peel Benefits For Common Skin Issues
Chemical peels are versatile, they tackle a wide range of unwanted skin issues. We may recommend a series of different peels over the course of several months to a year.
- ZO® Stimulator Peel – also called the “lunchtime peel” because it is gentle, with no downtime. Lactic, citric and salicylic acid exfoliate the skin and improve the appearance of fine lines, melasma, sun damage, skin texture, and more. This peel is perfect for a first-timer!
- Epionce Lite Refresh Skin Peel – another light peel, great for sensitive skin. It reduces the effects of post-acne discolouration, mitigates redness like rosacea, and strengthens the skin’s natural barrier response.
- Salicylic Peel (SAL-E) – penetrates deep into pores to clean them. It has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties to reduce breakouts and soothe irritated skin.
- Malic Peel (MAL-E) – enhances skin hydration while reducing bacteria on the skin. Plus, it brightens skin and speeds cell turnover for a youthful glow.
- Salicylic Peel (SAL-E) + Malic Peel (MAL-E) – enhance your results with this combination. You get even deeper exfoliation to brighten skin, reduce breakouts, and smooth skin texture. This peel may cause light peeling and flaking, which should resolve by day 10.
What Is Recovery Like?
Superficial and even medium-depth peels typically take about 3-10 days to heal fully. During that time, resist peeling at your skin. Stay hydrated and wear sunscreen. Depending on the strength of the peel, you may be instructed to not wear makeup.
Having trouble deciding which peel is right for you? Take advantage of our March monthly special and book a FREE Aesthetic Consultation (a $50 value). During this time, we can discuss your skin challenges and formulate a treatment plan to help you reach your goals. Don’t wait! Contact us today.